THE PORT OF HAKODATE WITH LUNCH
Giro turistico, Culturale, Pasto incluso
Delve deep into the history and traditions of Hakodate, exploring the traditional fish market and historic redbrick warehouses before stepping into the contrasting tranquillity of a Catholic convent immersed in a beautiful park, pausing to enjoy a delicious lunch of local delicacies.
- Hakodate Asaichi market
- Lunch of traditional fish dishes
- Kanemori warehouses
- Trappistine convent
- Fort Goryokaku and park
- Hakodate-yama cable car
- We begin the tour with a visit to the lively morning market of Hakodate Asaichi, where local traders, residents and visitors alike shop for the highest quality local fish and seafood runs from dawn to midday.
- We will browse the various stalls and admire the crabs and jellyfish held in huge tanks before pausing to enjoy a lunch of traditional fish delicacies purchased with the coupon of 1500 yen provided at the start of the tour.
- Our appetites sated, we will continue our tour with an exploration of the Kanemori warehouses, the imposing redbrick buildings that surround the port which offer a testament to Hakodate’s historic role in international trade. The buildings have been expertly restored and converted into a modern gallery of restaurants and souvenir shops along the seafront.
- Next we will transcend from the commercial to the spiritual with a visit to Hakodate's Trappestine convent, admiring its redbrick construction surrounded by a tranquil and expertly manicured garden.
- Our next destination is Fort Goryokaku, a defensive star-shaped fortress constructed to protect the city almost 150 years ago. The fortress has since been converted into a magnificent park famous for its some 1,600 cherry trees.
- We will stroll through the lush vegetation which creates spectacular scenes whatever the season: an explosion of delicate pink cherry blossoms in spring, the vibrant emerald green in summer, the vivid reds and oranges of the leaves in autumn and the pure white of the snow that covers the lawns in winter.
- Our final destination is the Hakodate-yama cable car, taking the 3-minute journey to the summit of Mount Hakodate to end the day with a sweeping view of the city and the ocean below.
Cosa c'è da sapere
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability. ?.