THE NATURE AND TRADITIONS OF JEJU ISLAND
Giro turistico, Percorso naturalistico, Culturale, Pasto non incluso
Jeju island is a treasure trove of natural wonders and mythology: on this tour we will admire a spectacular natural crater and curious rock formation that has inspired countless local legends, and stroll the streets of a traditional village for an immersive experience of the local culture.
- Seongsan Ilchulbong crater
- Seongeup village
- Yongduam rock
- Leaving the port behind, we will travel to the easternmost tip of the island to visit Seongsan Ilchulbong crater. Also known as Sunrise Peak, the crater is an archetypal tuff cone formed by a hydrovolcanic eruption and has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its environmental and scientific significance.
- We will ascend a steep hillside along a footpath to reach the summit, where a spectacular panorama awaits: the floor of the crater is carpeted in emerald green vegetation and is surrounded by a crown of 99 rocky pinnacles. Before us, the ocean stretches beyond the horizon while the rest of the island and the village of Seongsanpo lie behind us.
- We will return inland to visit the traditional village of Seongeup. Characterised by houses of black volcanic rock with thatched roofs, temples dedicated to Confucianism rituals, stone statues and the ruins of an ancient fortress, the village feels as though it has been frozen in time and offers an authentic taste of Jeju's unique culture!
- Our final destination is the spectacular Yongduam rock. Shaped like the head of a dragon, this curious natural phenomenon stands on the coast to the west of Jeju City where it is constantly buffeted by the winds and waves. As we admire the splendid view we will listen to the myths and legends that surround this unusual rock before returning to the ship.
Cosa c'è da sapere
Guide in lingua italiana non disponibili; l'escursione verrà guidata in lingua inglese.
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability. ?