THE FASCINATING HAEDONG YONGGUNGSA TEMPLE
Culturale, Shopping, Pasto non incluso
This tour explores the only Buddhist temple to be constructed on the coast, where we will admire its unique and colourful architecture and immerse ourselves in its mystical atmosphere. We will conclude our excursion at the traditional Gukje market, the perfect place for souvenir shopping.
- Haedong Yonggungsa temple
- Cave shrine and statue of Buddha
- Gukje market: free time and shopping
- Our first destination is Haedong Yonggungsa temple, located in the mountains to the north of Busan. Dating back to 1376, the temple was built during the Goryeo Dynasty and boasts an impressive view over the ocean.
- We will ascend the magnificent staircase bordered by exquisite sculptures, and enter the temple to visit the famous underground shrine and its spring of holy water, admiring the great golden statue of Buddha that stands between the pagodas with the forest extending beyond.
- During the visit, we will stop to take photographs of the magnificent bridge that leads to the temple, perched above the cliffs and topped by evocative pagoda roofs.
- Having fully immersed ourselves in spirituality, we will leave the temple to visit the Gukje market, the largest traditional market in Busan. The market has a rich history: in the 1950s, refugees from the Korean war traded here to earn a living.
- We will have some free time to explore the vibrant, bustling market and browse the colourful stalls, with a wide variety of products on offer at very reasonable prices. A unique opportunity to find the perfect souvenir to take back home!
Cosa c'è da sapere
Guide in lingua italiana non disponibili; l'escursione verrà guidata in lingua inglese.
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability. ?