THE NATURAL PHENOMENON OF TAKACHIHO GORGE (ALL)
Giro turistico, Shopping, Pasto incluso
Feast your eyes on the wonders of nature as we walk along a spectacular gorge, admiring the magnificent waterfalls and a curious cross-shaped formation of inlets, and taking the time to enjoy an exquisite lunch of local Japanese delicacies and indulge in a spot of retail therapy.
- Takachiho gorge
- Gorge walk
- Manai-no-taki waterfall
- Japanese lunch
- Kurusu-no-Umi cape
- Souvenir shopping
- Leaving the port behind us, we will journey inland to reach our first destination: Takachiho gorge, a truly fascinating natural wonder.
- We will walk the 600 metres along the spectacular path that skirts the deep and narrow gorge alongside the bubbling river, surrounded by blossoming cherry trees and azaleas in spring and summer and the deep reds and auburns of the leaves in autumn.
- We will stop to admire the Manai-no-taki waterfall plunging uninterrupted for 17 metres and creating a distinctive cloud of water vapour as it meets the pool below.
- After exploring the gorge we will take a break to enjoy an exquisite Japanese lunch from a set menu of local culinary specialities.
- In the afternoon we will visit the scenic viewpoint over Kurusu-no-Umi*, a curiously eroded cluster of rocky outcrops whose deep-blue inlets resemble a cross, where we will take in the view of a truly* unique natural phenomenon**.
- We end our tour with a visit to a souvenir shop where we can buy gifts or keepsakes to take home.
Cosa c'è da sapere
Guide in lingua italiana non disponibili; l'escursione verrà guidata in lingua inglese.
English & other European tour guides are subject to availability.